Please help support the cost of this site.
|Submitted by Tom Evans on Wed, 06/04/2014 - 00:56|
ElCap Report 6/3/14
By Tom Evans
Yo... continued great weather... get here soon folks. Gotta run today so this will be short on words but long on picture quality.
Today's ElCap Report... written just for you...unique in all the world!
Mark and Skot are really moving fast up the Albatross, having made the Canoe in mid afternoon today.
1) Mark leading high on the route this morning.
2) Skot hauling bags from Canoe Ledge.
3) Allfrey and Honnold did their second ElCap route in as many days... Tangerine trip. Here are some shots... Dave lead higher blocks so he is not leading in these shots, but did his share higher. They knocked about an hour off the previous speed record, by sporting a nifty 7:56!! Sick!!
4) Alex busting some free moves on the 7th pitch.
5) First sunlight reaching the men.
6) Free traverse to the slab above.
7) Alex nearing the belay.
8) Nose. The Grey Bands traverse.
9) Cleaning and hauling above Pancake Flake on the Nose.
10) Sickle Ledge... many arrive.... many bail!
11) Zodiac Team at the top of the 4th pitch this morning.
12) Flowers in the Botanical Gardens in Hilo, Hawaii.
In other news: The Italians on Mescalito are a day or so from the top. Several parties are on the Nose but well spaced.
So that's the way it is, for this Tuesday, the 3rd day of June, 2014